Building Unity through Leadership
February 17, 2022 | Virtual
At the 6th Annual African American Collaborative (AAC) Symposium, members from 15 different chapters met to engage in professional development and build readiness for new career challenges.
Symposium attendees gave back through three community impact events:
+ 100 car seats donated
+ 1,200 hygiene kits assembled
+ 12 charities served
+ 193 hours of service
+ $1,210 raised during symposium
+ $3,000 total company donation
Virtual format for the first time
First-ever cross-enterprise BPG Unity Panel
Inaugural ExecutiveUnifier Award presented to Sandra Phillips Rogers, senior vice president, corporate resources, and Tracey Doi, retired chief financial officer
Championing the Power of Latinos
November 9, 2022 | In-Person and Virtual
Over 150 attendees took part in the first ever Toyota Organization for the Development of Latinos (TODOS) symposium. Members from seven TODOS chapters connected with their peers and left feeling empowered to define the next steps in their career journey.
Executive Sponsor Panel
Three Toyota executives came together to discuss how sponsors can be champions for BPGs.
Group Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer
Group Vice President, Indirect Procurement and Environmental, Social & Governance Investing, Toyota Financial Services
Group Vice President, North American Truck Manufacturing, Toyota Motor North America and President, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas
- High-energy opening with mariachis and a warm welcome from Sandra Phillips Rogers, senior vice president, corporate resources
- Keynote speaker Richard Montañez, retired vice president for PepsiCo North America
- Instructor-led workshops focusing on D+I leadership, self-promotion, self-advocacy and authentic leadership
Elevating AAPI Talent Together
November 14-15, 2022 | In-Person and Virtual
The Toyota Asian American Society in Alliance (TAASiA) inaugural symposium drew 150 participants to Plano headquarters and 100+ online. Sessions focused on celebrating Asian Pacific Islander (API) culture and developing the next generation of leaders.
- Traditional lion dance
- Keynote speaker Anne Chow, retired CEO of AT&T Business and the first woman of color ever to hold that role
- Breakout sessions on topics such as Understanding Conflict, Leading From Your Culture and Values, Communication with Power and Purpose, and Let’s Go Places: Career Success at Toyota
“All the speakers and their stories deeply resonated with me, and also what my family has gone through. It made me feel more included and not alone.”
“I knew no one there, but coming out of the event I made a lot of new friends and have taken a lot of insightful information to help me grow as a person and also in my career.”