Toyota is driving towards a future with limitless possibilities for all—and diversity and inclusion are critical to reaching that destination.
We invite you to journey through four key areas of Toyota’s D+I strategy:
Identity, Belonging, Community and Possibility.
The singular mix of characteristics, experiences, relationships and values that make us who we are— as individuals and as one Toyota family
“When we start from the core Toyota pillar of 'respect for people,' the correct path is always easier to find.”
President and Chief Executive Officer,Toyota Motor North America
The sense of comfort, safety and happiness nurtured by working together towards ever-greater inclusion and celebration of the individual
Across North America there are currently 120 BPG chapters spanning 14 diverse affinities.
“Supporting our surrounding communities is fundamental to the Toyota Way. We believe in sharing our talents and resources to strengthen the places where we live and work.”
Group Vice President, Chief Social Innovation Officer and Chief Diversity Officer, Toyota Motor North America
The bonds formed by tightly woven connections and supportive collaboration in the areas where we live, work and play, contributing to happiness for all
“Our goal is for every Toyota team member to have a meaningful and rewarding career experience with us. If we can do that, there's no limit to what we can do as a company.”
General Manager, Diversity + Inclusion, Toyota Motor North America
By putting D+I at the center of everything we do, we seek to remove barriers and create pathways to help unlock limitless possibilities for all
Strong D+I can be a constant, thanks to sustained support and best practices:
Commit to allyship for the common good of all.
Connect groups and individuals to keep the conversation vital and relevant.
Continue to improve, learning from the past and each other.
Collaborate on how to meet new challenges to co-create a better future.
“For Toyota to become a mobility company, we need more diversity. We must accept each person's individuality and strengths, where you can say 'You're one of a kind in the world!' If we connect with others while respecting their individuality, I think our end result will be very different.”
Chairman, Toyota Motor Corporation
- Teamwork + Persistence = Possibilities Realized
- Diversity + Inclusion = A Limitless Future
- Toyota + Our Communities = Driving Possibilities
- Toyota Grants + STEAM Learning = Laying the Groundwork for Future Jobs
- Celebration + Education = D+I Month
- On Nonproduction Days, Toyota Texas Builds Wheelchair Ramps for Community Members
- Mes de la Mujer
- Toyota Mentoring Prepares Students for Careers of the Future
- TLMODA + Diverse Dealers = Community Impact
- Toyota adds members to Diversity Advisory Board
- TMMC Culture Week
- Launching a BPG Podcast
- At TFS, a new way of mentoring
- Women + Mentoring = Accelerated Career Growth
- Diverse Businesses + Toyota Partnership = Supplier Diversity
- TFS walks the walk by issuing sixth D&I Bond
- Talented Lawyers + Professional Development + Immersion in the Toyota Way = Counsel in Motion
- Standing Up Against Antisemitism
- D+I at Toyota de Puerto Rico and Toyota Credit de Puerto Rico
- WIIT Impact Awards
- Inclusive Policies + Practices = A Stronger Workplace
- Spectrum Goes to Washington— and Speaks Up for Marriage Equality
- Uniting and Inspiring BPGs Across Toyota
- Spectrum Rainbow Benches Add Color and Connectivity in Indiana
- Introducing SAGE
- Jacqueline Thomas
- Petra Reyes
- Elizabeth Taylor
- John Filicky